in Santa Ysabel near Julian
Don's Market is a great place to stop for a break when you are driving from San Diego to Julian. For all intensive purposes, it is at the junction of Highway 78 and 79.
This market place has got everything that you might want or need from a convenience store.
- Real food like vegetable, meat, and dairy. The deli/ meat counter is quite good and includes their famous sausages and kabobs
- Junk food like chips, chocolate bars, peanuts, and more;
- Fresh fruits locally grown such as apples and pears (varies with season;);
- Specialty items like Julian apple pies, apple cider, and Dudley's bread;
- Toys and gadgets to entertain kids while in the car;
- Canned goods, cold drinks, Liquor & Wine;
- Personal items like deodorant, soap toothbrush; and
- miscellaneous items such as cleaning supplies.
It is a fairly large "corner store" and it does get busy since it is pretty much the only store in the area. The service is friendly, the product is good, what more can you ask for? It's a great place to stop and stretch your legs after a long drive up to Julian.
Established in 1991, this family owned grocery store includes Don, his wife Pat (married for over 50 years), their grown children (Scott, Cindy, & Lynn), and six grand children!
30250 Highway 78
Santa Ysabel, CA 92070
Hours of Operation: Open daily 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
More things to do: