California Pizza Kitchen
California Pizza Kitchen offers over 25 unique pizzas. It's all freshly made, flavorful, and not greasy. For those of you who are not afraid of pizza with pizazz, try something like Mango Tandoori Chicken pizza or Japanese Eggplant pizza. If you feel that pizza should only have cheese and pepperoni, don't worry: California Pizza Kitchen also serves up the more traditional pizza combinations.
- mostly famous for their fresh unique-blend of pizzas
- "Specialty" dishes are memorable and include entrees like Blue Crab Cakes, Pan-Sauteed Salmon etc.
- Soups (3), Salads (10+), and focaccia sandwiches (3) available
- Eye catching are their margaritas, sangria, mojitos, and cocktails. Beer, wine, lemonade, coffee, espresso, and Tazo teas available.
- Lovely dessert list focusing primarily on ice cream and cakes.
- Kids menu available with classic pizza or pasta dishes. Comes with crayons & an activity booklet (coloring pages, connect the dots & similar distractions)
- Catering available
California Pizza Kitchen is spacious with a high ceiling and natural lights entering from large windows. It has an open kitchen so that you can see the chefs tossing the pizza dough and spreading the toppings.
Seating is predominantly booth-style and table-and-chair style. There are a few bar-style seating; Indoor and outdoor seating available. Decor is contemporary and innocuous. Bathrooms are clean.
Depending on location and time of day, California Pizza Kitchen can get very busy. This leads to long line-ups and long waits " though the food is always fresh and hot when it comes to your table. To minimize your wait, make a reservation or call ahead and be place on the Call Ahead Wait List. You can be "in line" even before you get there. Bonus!
If the wait is too long, you can always choose to Take Out. Curbside service available: call to order your food, arrive at the restaurant and park at designated curbside spot, and someone will bring your order to your car. Easy.
Service is good but wait can be long due to high demand. In a way, that speaks for itself.
Location and Hours of Operation
3363 Nobel Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (858) 457-4222
Fax: (858) 457-0382
see sample menu
buy California Pizza Kitchen recipe books
go to web site
go back to San Diego restaurant page
Mon - Thurs: 11AM - 10PM
Fri: 11AM - 11PM
Sat: 11AM - 10PM
Sun: 11AM - 9PM
437 S. Highway 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Ph: (858) 793-0999
Fax: (858) 793-7090
Between Lomas Sante Fe and Via De La Valle
7007 Friars Road
San Diego, CA 92108
Ph: (619) 298-4078
Fax: (619) 298-3417
2nd Level, Across from the AMC Theatres
11602 Carmel Mt. Rd.
San Diego, CA 92128
Ph: (858) 675-4424
Fax: (858) 675-7010
At Interstate 15